Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Once more today

Once more update this evening before I head back to the hospital for an evening shift. Jason has quite a day since I last updated. Hallucinations, emotions running crazy with fears and tears.
Keep him in your prayers tonight that the sleep med we got ordered would just conk him out so that he will just sleep through anything that happens.
He finally fell asleep this late afternoon, was snoring and drooling so I thought I was in the clear to slip out have the nurse make a do not disturb sign for his door and get Diane the update without disturbing him. Well, he woke up, called my name several times, was disoriented, thought the room was different, couldn't feel his body, couldn't figure out why he had tubes and things attached to him, and on top of it all was convinced that he was dead and watching this all take place from up above. He was so afraid he tried to get out into the hall trying to make sure we knew he was alive, fearing we wouldn't be able to see him because he was dead. Phew... What an emotional roller coaster. I assured him that he was alive, his heart was fixed now, he wasn't going to die, and that he needed to trust that God wouldn't have brought him this far just to have him die now.
He was also concerned that I didn't care about what was going on over the past few days that I wasn't concerned for him. I assured him that if it seemed as if weren't emotional or freaking out was that I have been doing a lot of praying and giving these things over to God and that He was truly my strength because Jason needed me to be strong for him right now.
I came home to put Spencer to bed, eat some dinner, and get my stuff together to be there until 3:30am.
Thank you for your continued prayer support and words of encouragement.
We will certainly have some stories to tell in the future reminding Jason of this time in our lives.
Good night to everyone.

No comments: