Thursday, June 22, 2006

Resting with a Fighting Spirit

I just finished my shift and thought I would let you know that I think we've turned a corner. Jason has been getting some rest tonight in between waking up to pee which is good. I keep telling him I'm putting a sticker on his potty chart every time he goes. He is still having a little confusion but of course I can't help but chuckle at times. He rose up out of bed tonight real quick and almost stood up immediately. I had to remind him he was in the hospital again, which he remembered more quickly. I told him instead of sitting straight up in bed he needed to let me help him get up. So then he started walking to the side of the bed real quick. I said where are you going, "to catch that cat over there." "Oh what kind of cat was it." He quickly remarked, "A quick cat." I told him as I couldn't help but laugh that there really wasn't a cat. Then he said, "I'm getting us outta here." So wondering his thought process this time whether he was going to make a break for the door or not, I said, "When are we going?", He replied, "I'm going to eat and do my breathing exercises so we can get out of here in a few days. I'm ready to be home with you and my boys."
So the goal tomorrow is to eat and inflate his lungs.
Good Night, or Good Morning.

1 comment:

Brynn, Ben, Maggie, Will and Tatum said...

Bre... I hope you are resting and chuckling in your sleep over Jason's antics. He is a funny man and the laughs are a very good thing! All that medication and anyone would see cats! You have amazing strength, which is why Jason married you in the first place. You will soon be home...

love... brynn