Thursday, January 01, 2009

January 1, 2009-Happy New Year

Well, how do you start a new year? There certainly is a lot going on in the lives of people around us, some triumphs, some struggles, some have resorted to resentment, some have let go of the outcomes, some have grown weary, some welcome the New Year with a shout, some with a sigh of relief. Whatever it is for you or I, the New Year still comes and goes, as time does. It never stops, it just keeps creeping forward, whether we are ready for it or not.

So here are some of the resolutions for 2009 for myself.
1. Speak less, listen more, make sure the words I am speaking will build life, not tear it down.
2. Be Aware of God, more often, not perfection, just progress, this is everchanging in my life.
3. Discover True Peace and Joy which can only come from spending more time with the creator of both
4. Trust God more than I trust anything else, including myself and just doing things my own way.

Now how I will do this, I don't know exactly yet all of the variables. Yet spending time with God on an ongoing intentional basis will be a good start. Learning to keep my mouth shut and living the proverbial saying, "I you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all." Also, Learning to listen without my agenda waiting to announce my thoughts on a situation. Listening for the sake of listening.

1 comment:

Thru a Tori-lens said...

Good goals, Bre! I'll pray for you and your family as you strive towards greater intentionality...