Thursday, September 04, 2008

Some of our favorite things

Well more stories from the boys. Sometimes I feel like I am a mobile personal Children's Thesarus. I am always trying to find other words for words I use while talking with Cole. I was trying to explain what and how the grooves in the pavement on our roads in Central Oregon were caused from. So what's a groove, umm an indentation, places where the pavement wears out in the shape of tires, uuh, you know like inverted speed bumps :). I don't know a hollow, shallow area of the road that causes tires going at fast speeds to get pulled around.
All I can say is, my brain synapses are not as creative as they used to be. Maybe when I'm back to work my creativity will once again flourish.
So on we go for more favorite things. Spencer decided that he was going back to school today. I asked him what his favorite part of school was, which was eagerly answered with a matter of fact, "Eating". Is there anything else you like about school? "I like listening to stories." So Eating and Listening to Stories are favorites this week, actually, if you knew Spencer, those are favorite past times most days, school in or out.

So here's to Eating and Listening to Stories. Any good ideas on other words for the grooves in the pavement are welcomed.

No comments: