Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Feeling Good, Whites down, less meds

Well,
I guess I have caused some anxiety since I didn't post a blog last night or yet this am.
Jason reports that he feels good today. They discharged his antibiotics to see if there is any change in his counts since they were going up and down with them anyway. His counts are down to 19.5 this am.
They will start weaning him off of the Oxycontin today and replace it with vicodin to see if his pain is managed with that.
He is excited to see Cole.
His white cell scan should be around noonish today. They have to squeeze him in since they don't have any slots available.
If everything continues to go well he could be discharged Thursday and we are scheduled to fly home Sunday evening.

I have been thinking a lot lately which probably doesn't surprise a lot of people who know me well. I was thinking the other night about how much Jason was missing Cole, and longing to be reuinited with him because his "heart" was hurting so much for that closeness in relationship. As I was going to sleep that night I was thinking, "That's how it is with God and us. He loves us so much, in comparison to how we feel about our love for those we love the greatest, that is only a fraction of how God longs to be in relationship with us."
For some reason, I had never thought about it that way before, probably because I hadn't experienced what it would be to lose someone that I love so much in a while and being separated from my kids for the first time.
Thank goodness for God's steadfast love and faithfulness. Nothing else would be sustaining me at this time.
Until later. . . .

1 comment:

Brynn, Ben, Maggie, Will and Tatum said...

Thank you! Thank you! I was worrying about you all as Will & I drove by your house this morning. I am so glad that things are progressing and that Cole can come down and visit... Maggie has only been gone 2 days and I miss her so much! (She hasn't missed us at all... her only comment about "mom" was how thankful she was I had packed all her "animals"!)

The Beavers won!!! You might not want to tell Jason... it may send him into a deep depression...

love you all... brynn