Monday, July 17, 2006

Getting stronger and settling in

Just wanting to give everyone who still may be checking in an update on Jason and our family. Jason is getting stronger and stronger everyday. He is able to go longer periods without resting and walking a bit faster around the loop in our neighborhood. We have seen his cardiologist in town and are getting PT for his leg and trying to get his Coumadin levels figured out. All in all, we are all doing great. All I have to say is thank goodness for the life we live and the friends and family we have who continue to be such a great support for us physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Cole is in "sports camp" for the week at our Athletic Club. First day went fine, Cole just takes a little while to get adjusted around new things and people. At least he wasn't hanging on my leg screaming to not leave like another kid.
Spencer is starting to get really busy. He is constantly on the move when he's not eating and now trying to climb on things. He is trying to learn how to go down the stairs and starting to get brave and let go of things sooner. He loves Chillie dog and is always laying on him, climbing on him and giving him lots of love. We are trying to help him to learn how to be gentle with other babies, since he wants to poke their eyes and lay on them to give them hugs just like he does with Cole and Chillie. He just doesn't realize that babies get squished and weigh less than him even if they are the same age range.
Changing diapers has become an olympic type sport. I watched a friend this weekend use the "leg technique" which I thought I would try out on good ol' Spencie. Put your leg over him, give him a toy to play with, and change fast. At least my leg and the toy prevent him from reaching the diaper and whatever happens to be in it at the time. At least this way I am not chasing him all over the house trying to get him dressed and changed and I haven't worked up as much of a sweat by the time I'm done.
Whew, needless to say, I'm exhausted but holding up fairly well. This too shall pass and when Jason gets the clear from the doctor I told him I was going to an undisclosed location for the month of August so that I can have some alone time, by myself :). Not really, but at least I will be able to go read a book while I work out.

No comments: