Sunday, May 28, 2006

Cole's Friend Bobby

If you've met Cole, then you've probably met Bobby. Bobby is 5 years old, has white hair on the top and yellow in the back, his dad drives a garbage truck, and Bobby brings a friend to our house sometimes when he visits. His friend is 3, her name is Abuleigh, she has yellow hair. Oh, did I mention that Bobby is also about 3 1/2 inches tall. Yes, Cole and Bobby are great friends. They even have arguments and get the other one in trouble.
One day I walked by Cole's room and I overheard him saying, "Is not, Is too, Is not, Is too, Is not, Is too." Now this went on for some time when I casually asked Cole who he was arguing with. "Bobby! And he won't listen." Well, we had to send Bobby home for awhile so the "boys" could have some time apart since they couldn't get along.
Then there was the time that I heard water hitting the back of the bathroom door. "Bobby did that too." Yep, that Bobby sure can be naughty sometimes.
Most of the time though, you wouldn't even know Bobby was here. Until of course, you ask Cole what he's doing and he replies, "Playing". "Oh, Okay, but who are you talking to?" "Bobby". Of course, why did I even bother to ask. Of course there was the day that Bobby brought a friend to play.
What a life we live with this character. Cole and Bobby and of course Bobby's friend Abuleigh.
Oh yes, I forgot to tell you that the teddy bear, the stick horse, and the little person that fits in the fire truck are all named Bobby too. Cole informed me the other day, we needed to have another baby and name him Bobby.
Some days I wonder, "when will Bobby and Abuleigh not come to play anymore?" For now, I will indulge Cole in his world of make believe and look back on these days with a smile for many years to come.

No comments: